Wednesday, April 21, 2010

About how i didn't live the earthquake.

First of all, i have to say that I’m not from Santiago. I’m originally from Ovalle, so there the earthquake was almost imperceptible. Actually it just reached to the grade of tremble.
That night I was on my computer, doing absolutely nothing beside listening to music and chatting with my friends on messenger, when everything started to move. I’m not afraid of earthquakes so I just stood quietly on my chair. But i didn't thought that it was a different one, in spite of its duration, the fell of my net connection, and the blink of the lights.
So, when my computer connection fell I decided to just go to bed and I slept wonderfully. At the next morning I woke up and walked to the living room thinking of listen to my Abbey Road vinyl, but when I connect the record player I realized that the energy was off. I asked my dad about the energy and he told me that the country was on the ground. I was so shocked and so needy for information that I spent the rest of the day on my notebook checking news about the situation of my country on twitter, facebook, and online newspapers (remember that I’m a postmodern man).

4 comments:

  1. Nico, like every good journalist, of course you have to search about information, I think that this desire of knowledge is what make a difference between people and us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG =O! YOU HAVE AN ABBEY ROAD VINYL ??!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbey Road is one of my favorites albums. One of best at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a social networks psycho... I look for information about other people's lives... I have the desire... Am I qualified to be a journalist? Or am I just 'people'?

    Great post! Loved the postmodern bit =)

    ReplyDelete