Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chuck Palahniuk

During my whole life I’ve had trouble to read the books that the school or the university demands me to read. Maybe I had a problem with the orders or something like that. But it doesn’t mean that I hate literature, on the contrary, it’s just like I only read what I like to read.
Talking about this, I would like to introduce one of my favorite writers. I think he isn’t so known, but in spite of it I have an obsession with all of his books and stories. His name is Chuck Palahniuk.
About his life I’d like to say more beside that he’s an American journalist and novelist, but I really don’t know anything else. Actually I don’t even know his work as a journalist, but I’d love to talk about his work as a novelist.
Chuck Palahniuk is best known for the award-winning novel Fight Club, story that was taken to the big screen by David Fincher and became a popular culture icon. But it’s not the only participation of Chuck at the movies; also his book Choke was adapted into a film.
What I like about Chuck is his psychological style to write. It’s a little bit hard to explain but I’ll do my best. When he writes he doesn’t say “John took a gun and shot”, instead of it, he trys to get into John’s feelings and explains everything that is happening in his mind, making a chaotic and disturbing prose.
I could write and write about Chuck but I think I fulfilled the goal, so it’s enough. See you at the next post :).

3 comments:

  1. They said that a good reader, read everything, I not agree. I think that there is a lot of awful books out there. You dont have to read anything. You have to change from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a very good post, but this erase it. In this moment I'm very angry. I wanna destroy the computer and go home.
    I don't know the man you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added you at LastFM ;)

    ReplyDelete