Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A masterpiece of modern horror

I’m really good seeing movies, so I’m not able to choose just one favorite movie. In fact, I remember that last year I made a list with all the films that I’d wanted to see and I saw almost all of them. But, I’m forced to write something by my English teacher, so I’ll write about the first movie that came to my mind.
I think that ‘The Shining’ is one of the most spectacular terror films ever made. It was directed by also one of my favorite directors, Stanley Kubrick, in 1980, and it was starring by Jack Nicholson in one of his best roles. He represents Jack Torrance, a writer that accepts to take care of a lonely hotel a few months with his wife and his son. But as months pass, Jack slowly starts acting strange and frustrated and also getting a violent behavior, endanger to his whole family
This film is an icon in the movies history. It has been adapted to the video clips’ world, by several bands, like 30 seconds to mars in their video ‘The kill’ and Slipknot in their video ‘Spit it out’ and also had one of the most memorable scenes in cinema history: Jack breaking the bathroom door with an ax trying to kill his wife.
I thought of writing about this movie because yesterday I bought a poster of ‘The shining’. It has the most famous picture of the movie, with Jack at the broken door, smiling and saying "Here's Johnny!” Probably I’ll put it on my bedroom door and when i wake up in the middle of the night it will scare the hell out of me.>

5 comments:

  1. You don't have comments. That makes you a loser, like me 'cause I don't have too. But you know I love you. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those movies I know I should have seen but still haven't. Even when I'm old.
    I've only seen bits (I never catch the beginning and I never rent movies so who knows when I'll se it... but I know I will, someday)

    Great post =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Movie, great director, the best acting ever haha. You know Nicholson was on cocaine when he was filming right? Thats why Jack Torrance was such a psycho haha. Well, Kubrik used to destroy his actors also, so maybe was both things.

    See ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I dont realy scared with this one, but its a hole art production.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't watch it from the beginning, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete