Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My beloved things

I hated this topic because my friends are laughing at me at this moment because they have touch technology and I don’t. So according to their thoughts they are modern and I’m not. But I think technologic isn’t only about touch features. Instead of it I’d like not to talk about new and awesome technology, but the piece that I enjoy most. And this is my musical equipment.
When I was fifteen years old my mother gave me my first electric guitar. But actually I hated it because it wasn’t a very good one. So that was the moment that I realized that if I wanted to have a good equipment I’d have to buy my own things and not leave it in my parent’s hands. I sold my guitar and I started to save money to buy a new one by my taste. After a few months I could get the guitar that I wanted to have, a beautiful white Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I have it up to now.
But I needed other things beside my electric guitar. I started to save money again and I bought an effect pedal (a Zoom 506 G1) and my most precious thing in the world: My amplifier. I collected coin by coin during a whole year until I had enough to get an amplifier which brand is the one used by the professional music players: A Marshall amp with 30 watts. I love it because it’s perfect to practice at home, and it has a lot of effects incorporated, like reverbs, flangers, delays and a chorus. But also it’s useful to play with a whole band behind you.
Sadly I can’t have it here in Santiago because I live in a pension and if I play they’ll probably kick me out to the street. I really miss my things and every time when I go to my city I spend hours and hours playing guitar
The pictures that I uploaded are not my equipment but it looks like it.

2 comments:

  1. I told you. You're the best guitarist that I know. You should bring to Chile your guitar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I decided I wanted to learn to play acoustic guitar. So I'll call you when I get one, to teach me to play.

    pd. step down a little weight

    ReplyDelete