Wednesday, June 9, 2010

High Fashion Music

When I lived in Ovalle I couldn’t go to every concert that I want. Everything happen in Santiago and nothing happen in Ovalle, so it was difficult for me to get enough money to pay the ticket, the transportation, the lodging and everything else. So when I moved the last year to Santiago I was very excited thinking in all the concerts that I’d go. And I did it in that way. I have bought tickets instead of clothes, books or food sometimes.
I’m going to talk about the last concert that I went. 3 weeks ago, The Devil Wears Prada came to Chile. It doesn’t have any kind of relation with the movie, and if you were thinking of that I have to tell you that you have lost 5 years of your life. This post-hardcore band came to present its fourth album, call it “With Roots Above and Branches Below”.
These five guys from Dayton, Ohio, played in the Rock&Guitarras club. It’s not a big place but it has an awesome sound. And the Devil Wears Prada show was not the exception.
The concert was early (7 pm) and I had a test that day. So I finished the test the faster I could and I ran to the Rock & Guitarras. I met with my friends and the show was just beginning. I can’t describe how awesome was the show. Maybe the only thing that I can say is that at the second song I was entirely wet and I barely could breath.
These kinds of concerts (not so known bands) are not so expensive. But you feel the cost at the next day. When I woke up I noticed the most horrible pain at my neck that you can imagine. I couldn’t move my head for two days. Too much headbanging...

3 comments:

  1. They scream like a baby. I really hate them... and you know it.

    I remember when you told me that you destroy your neck in the show. It tell me that you're so hardcore...

    gay

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha they actually scream like girls??
    Maybe I will go to a concert with someone else. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn´t know them, but I guess they must be good, though I prefer other kind of bands =)

    ReplyDelete