Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waka Waka

I’m not a big fan of videogames. When I was a kid I get a PlayStation One for Christmas, and no one could beat me. But I fell behind with the arrive of PlayStation 2 and all other game consoles. Also, I usually try to avoid this kind of games because I become addicted, and I behave like a zombie. Despite of it, I have a favorite videogame, but it’s a classical one. Everyone knows it because it’s too much fun for being overlooked. I’m talking about PacMan.
As I was saying, I think it can’t be possible that anyone hasn’t played this famous game at least one time in his life. PacMan is so vintage and classic that it doesn’t worth it to explain what it’s about –in despite of I could spend some lines talking about that.
What I like about PacMan is its simplicity. It just has one screen that is changing its walls as you’re completing levels, 4 bad guys that probably are at the top of the biggest villains, and, of course, our beloved and starving hero Pac “pizza-face” Man.
By the way, the football fever that attacks humanity at these days is also related with this game. PacMan should sue Shakira for the copyright of the “Waka-waka” sound. We all know that it belongs to PacMan. Or am I the only one who imagine the Colombian’ singer eating apples and escaping from ghosts while she’s singing?
Recently, PacMan celebrated 30 years since it was released. Millions of people have been part of this phenomenon, so it’s certainly rightful to ask “how much has PacMan influenced to the humanity?” Maybe it sounds exaggerate, but I’ll let that this quote of Kristian Wilson (Nintendo Inc, 1989) speaks for itself…
“If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.”

Stupid but funny video about PacMan The Movie:

2 comments:

  1. Pacman is classic. I remember when we were in science and a guy with a Pacman custome appeared. Crazy moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's true. I think everybody has played PacMan. it's a real classic

    ReplyDelete