Monday, November 5, 2012

The democracy's party

Yes, I voted, but no, I don't believe in the current political system. I'm going to explain this.. or at least try to.

In this blog I've told a few times that I'm not from here, I'm from Ovalle, and I'm registred over there to vote. So, I traveled that weekend to the north only with the intention of voting. I aware that it makes no sense that I continue voting over there, because the posibilities to go back to Ovalle to live are very small. For that reason, I knew that this was the last time that I'd do something for my beloved city, and I HAD to do it.

Never the less, it was sad, because the political scene wasn't so ecouraging. Renteria was the strongest card, supossedly an Independent, but everyone knows that he's a right wing candidate. His contender was Marta Lobos (DC), well known as "Marta Robos", and I don't need to say anymore... you get the idea. Finally, Renteria won the election, but I'm sure that any result it had been awful.

I think that it's ok to vote for what we believe, in spite of the poor political system that we have, but I also feel respect for who think that the abstetion it's the right option... maybe it is. At the end, the discussion it's not abour who vote and who doesn't, but what we do to validate our opinion as citizens.



3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think that the reason for your travelling to Ovalle is to bring a Pisco, but, you fail.

    Marta "Robos" jaja.

    Someday the things works better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy because Marta Robos is gone. But, as you say, there's no different between her an Renteria.

    I love Ovalle <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe in the current political system, too and is good to try to help his hometown :)

    ReplyDelete